Sunday, October 23, 2005

food for Friday and Saturday - and a reaction!

Friday: breakfast was cereal & soymilk
lunch: see below description.
dinner: Jose Tejas - vegetable fajitas with:
  • flour tortillas
  • broccoli
  • mushrooms
  • carrots
  • onions (tried to avoid)
  • salsa
  • spices
  • plus black beans & white rice.

Saturday: breakfast was leftover Ethiopian food (lentils and bread).

Lunch: thin crust pizza at Uno's with spinach, broccoli, and chunk tomatoes. garlic powder & oregano.
snack: leftover pizza. carrots.

dinner: sushi - vegetable roll w/kampyo, avocado & cucumber. asparagus roll. salad w/ginger-carrot dressing. onion soup w/scallions & fried onion bits.
club soda w/lemon

after dinner, I had a small piece of chocolate from Lindt. The same chocolate I've had all week. The SECOND I put this in my mouth I started coughing and wheezing. A benadryl helped but I felt bad all night and again this morning I woke up with the post-nasal drip.

I went and read a bit about allergies, and it appears that they can be stimulated (i.e. the reactions can be made worse) through the introdcution of stimulants, like caffeeine and chocolate. Oops.

Also, the book said that what I may have is "intolerance" instead of allergies - and that means it might not be so obvious as to what's causing it. It could be something I eat every day, like wheat or soy. That would suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home