Thursday, October 20, 2005

Allergies

it seems like everyone has them, right? I feel like when certain times of the year come around that my entire office is sneezing and wheezing.

Welll - now I'm convinced I've got them too. Every once in a while I either get a big case of the "wheezes" or a big case of hives. Ugh - itchy.

I don't know what's causing it, so I made an appointment to see an allergist. Someone my doctor reccommended, she's supposed to be a real Sherlock-Holmes. I hope so.

In light of this I'm going to try to document my eating habits on this blog for a week or so. Maybe I can spot the culprit in my food! Also, maybe some of you will finally get the answer to the question, "what does a vegan eat - anyway?". Or you can go and check out this other person's blog here - she's got pictures & stuff.

Yesterday's food:

Breakfast - Kashi "Heart-Healthy" o-s, soymilk, raisins, organic OJ. + Calcium and Folate/B-12 supplements.
Lunch - Indian Buffet; basmati rice, potato & onion dosas, dahl, eggplant & onion, bread, vegetable curry (mostly zuchhini & carrots), lettuce &tomato salad with *brown* dressing.
Dinner - Moe's! Lettuce, Salsa, grilled tofu, kidney beans, cucumbers, and southwest vinagrette dressing over a soft wheat tortilla. + root beer.
Snack - vanilla wafer cookie

Liena

2 Comments:

At October 21, 2005 12:45 PM, Blogger tofu said...

thanks for the link to the blog -- but I'm a guy ;)

I hope you find what ails you -- food can often be the culprit...

cheers,
-Mike

 
At November 07, 2005 6:14 AM, Blogger Janet said...

Thanks Mike! And I'm very sorry I called you a girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home