Friday, September 30, 2005

One more full day

His last full day of helping is today.

I bet some of you are wondering what happened to all the money people gave him. Well, he's told me over & over again about what a fantastic job this church/shelter is doing to help people down there. Offering meals to anyone who needs them, collecting and sending out volunteers for work projects to help the community (such as our hero) and providing a place to stay for anyone who needs it. So, he's likely going to write them a check before he leaves. Getting help directly into the hands of the people who need it most.

Last night, his topic of conversation was the people. Every person down there who is suffering, missing their former lives and trying to put the pieces back together. Every person who came there to help and is making what difference they can. Some are handling the stress differently than others. But they are all doing their best.

Tomorrow night he comes home.

Depart:
3:20 p.m. Saturday
Gulfport/Biloxi, MS (GPT)

Arrive:
4:46 p.m.
Houston, TX (IAH - Intercontinental)

Depart:
6:15 p.m.
Houston, TX (IAH - Intercontinental)

Arrive:
10:43 p.m.
New York/Newark, NJ (EWR - Liberty)

1 Comments:

At September 30, 2005 3:09 PM, Blogger Wire said...

I got my tire fixed by one of the other volunteers. It looks so easy I think I'm gonna buy a tire repair kit when I get home. I'm almost done here. The crew I was with is gone. Another crew from their church is coming down next week. Since my flight tommorow isn't until 3, I think I'll put in a few hours in the office.

Every time I think about going home I want to cry. I want to stay and build every family down here a new home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home