Tuesday, March 27, 2007

chocolate and meat

"...two great tastes that taste great together...?" No, just some articles that I saw today that perked my ears up.

Easter and springtime means chocolate. Now, as a vegan, some people might believe that I'm deprived. But actually, there are quite a few companies out there that make vegan chocolate - and many, many more that make dark chocolate with very low milk content. One of these is Green & Blacks - who have a newest set of easter eggs out for us to sample. Mmmm. Now, if I can only get someone to make a vegan version of the Cadbury creme egg. Oh, wait! Here's a recipe coming down the pipeline now! (you have to scroll down a bit) Also on that page is a recipe for VEGAN MACAROONS. Ok, I'm in full pregnant drool mode now. :)

Now, on to the meat (now that I've got your tastebuds watering). I just read this interesting article about some folks who read the "Omnivore’s Dilemma" and decided to take action. They are raising their own meat, in a little neighborhood near Davis, CA. The article actually touches on quite a few of the issues I like to see discussed, such as antibiotic use, what it costs to actually feed and raise a cow, and the "killing" aspect. Happy reading!

Liena

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home