Wednesday, February 28, 2007

chickens and why i love them

I love chickens because they are the underdogs of the food world. Most americans would rather eat chicken than anything else. Me, I just love to watch them. Everything I've seen tells me that a chicken is like the 'cat who walked by himself' - each one has it's own personality, it's own style, and it's own beautiful, beautiful feathers.

But I digress. The real reason I'm posting is for links, of course! Here's an article about, if you are thinking about going vegetarian/vegan, you should give up eating chickens before you give up anything else. From the article, "Birds are arguably the most abused animals on the planet, and birds and fish yield less flesh than cows or pigs, so farmers and fishers kill more of them to satisfy America's meat habit. If you choose to give up meat in stages, stop eating chickens and turkeys first, then fish, and then pigs and cows."



And here's one about their wonderful and unique personalities!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home