Wednesday, July 19, 2006

It's been too long

I haven't posted in awhile - and I know that's disappointed all you avid edge-of-your-seat readers.

Here's my thoughts for the day -

I love the idea of windmills - power through the flow of air. How cool is that. I even love looking at windmills - from afar. But up close they are a little scary. They look so delicate, but you know they are massive and hold enormous power (phenomenal cosmic power! In an itty bitty living space). So, yeah, up close I find them a bit on the scary side.

But these windmills are really cool looking! Power! Art! Powart! How can anyone be scared of that?

2 Comments:

At July 19, 2006 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Liena... I just wanted you to know that I am out here reading (edge-of-seat, as it were), via RSS to livejournal (which you should just get on, really, but that's a separate issue). Anyways, just saying, "yay! you posted!". :)

And i think there's a typo in your link (tho it's recoverable).

And windmills are cool! Aesthetically and environmentally.

For some reason, I also like radio towers...

 
At March 10, 2007 7:05 AM, Blogger jp_plus said...

Silly. Check out Vertical Windmills. They take up less real estate, requre less maintainance, are more efficient because they generate more power off less wind, have higher capacities to make power, are cheaper to build...

oh yeah, and since the modern designs sit within a solid frame, birds can see the freaking things-- they won't flying into the blades, preventing nasty quotes: "I suddenly remembered my Charlemagne: 'Let my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds in the sky'."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home