Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Doing what I want to do

So, I've started taking notes during our weekly meetings at the Buddhist Temple in S.I. I don't know if anything will come of it - but Bhante Kondanna asked me to, so here I go.

The thing is, I think it makes people uncomfortable. One person, for instance, asked me about three times tonight, "are you getting all this down?" He also kept looking over to see if I was writing what he was saying - I just don't think he likes it.

I could record it and take notes later, but the thing is, I really like taking notes. It makes me feel like an active participant, even if I'm not actually talking.

Maybe I should just get over it and do what I want to do. I think that's really the best thing.


Speaking of which, I have been thinking about getting into Weight Watchers again. I lost weight on it before, when I did it online.

Reasons to join the live club that's forming at my job:

* A regular meeting schedule may inspire me to keep this up
* WW was started, and got it's popularity, as a live meeting thing. Maybe that's because it works better that way.
* I stopped doing the WW online thing because I thought I could do it just as well on my own. That's not really happening, and maybe I need the live thing to keep inspired.

Reasons not to join the live club:

* I might run into co-workers or clients there - that could be uncomfortable
* The electronic thing gave me alot of freedom and I liked that - who knows if this will do the same thing?
* I don't know how supportive they will be of my strict vegetarian diet. And I don't want to pay for 10 sessions if they won't be supportive of it. The online group was really focused on lacto-ovo.

Plan - check out the ww website next - see if they've got a vegan option. If not, then maybe I won't do it. I think that's the strongest reason here.

Thanks for listening,

Liena

1 Comments:

At November 25, 2004 10:15 AM, Blogger jp_plus said...

re: taking notes- if someone has a problem with you taking notes, they should voice it and not neurotically hold it in. that doesn't really help.
I think that if the consensus is, meetings should be recorded, modern technology should be employed.. unless the point is to be_subjective. Still, if it's not unanimous the Bhante might consider not doing it at all.

I think you should try the office WW. The worst thing that could happen is that you realize this is an embarrassing thing that you don't want to share with others and you give it up- but you tried something different. The best thing that could happen is that all your dreams will come true, and you'll have newer dreams which you also achieve. I'm willing to wager your happy medium is just that- somewhere in the middle- and again- at least you'll have tried.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home